DR. YEO WEE KIAN
Director of National Coaching Academy
MR. R VIVEKANANDAN A/L K RAMIAH
Head of National Coaching Certification & Licensing
PN. RAJESWARI A/P RAMAN
Head of Coaching Education Center
National Coaching Academy (NCA) is a division of the National Sports Institute, which gives recognition to coaches through the National Coaching Licensing Scheme (SLKK). NCA also offers a comprehensive program of coaching education through sports trainer accreditation system, a program of the National Coaching Certification Scheme (SPKK) Level I, II and III. SPKK is a national standard that gives recognition to coaches in their respective sports. Latest, Sport Library, formerly known as the Information Resource Centre is part of the NCA. Sports Library role as provider of information services to the sports sector and also as a point of reference in information repository of national sports.
National Coaching Academy (NCA) was officially launched on July 19, 2012 by the Minister of Youth and Sports Malaysia, Dato ‘Sri Ahmad Shabery Bin Cheek located in the Commonwealth Hall MSN, Bukit Jalil. Leadership of National Coaching Academy (NCA) has been submitted formally under the administration of the National Sports Institute (ISN) by the National Sports Council of Malaysia (MSNM) and fully operational from 1st July 2015. The transition was announced by the Minister of Youth and Sports Malaysia, YB Khairy Jamaluddin on 12th February, 2015.
- To produce a quality, professional and world class coach.
- Manage a continuous education program in Sports Science and Sports Specific for coaches to get the latest knowledge while ensuring and improving the skills of professionals in the field on their respective sports.
- Designing and implementing various programs towards producing innovative sports coach, dynamic and progressive in line with the vision to enhance the prestige of the profession of coaching for national sport.
- To produce more local coaches who are recognized by the National Coaching Licensing Scheme (SLKK) and obtained a National Coaching Certification Scheme (GCMS) Level I, II and III.
- Enhance the skills and performance of the coaches towards international equivalent under the National Coaching Academy program.
- Establishing competitiveness between the coach through the course of Sports Science, Sports Specific, Applications Workshop and Seminar.
- Enhance the knowledge of coaches in line with the latest technological developments in the field of coaching.
- To build a culture of reading among athletes, coaches, and officers and staff of the National Sports Institute (ISN) and the National Sports Council (MSN).
- To manage and provide the latest information on sports science, sports medicine and sports technology.
- To provide information through the latest technology – Sports Library portal, social media, e-journal, e-magazine, and online databases.
- To maintain the archival materials of national sports through conservation and digitization of the archive collections of sports.
- To encourage the public to visit the Sports Library.
- PROVIDING SERVICES AND ADVICE ON COACHING EDUCATION WITH QUALITY AND EFFICIENT
ROLE AND FUNCTION
NCA main function is to set up a reference center of excellence for sports coaching more organized, especially in terms of recognition of coaches and coaching education. NCA will contribute to the transformation of sports coaching education to ensure all aspects of sports coaching in the country is more systematic and at the highest level that been recognized internationally.
Establishment of NCA also be strengthened with the goal of producing more qualified local coaches that will make it as a profession and as a career option for generating employment for coaches as well as catalyzing the sports industry.
- National Coaching Licensing Scheme (SLKK)
- National Coaching Certification Scheme (SPKK)
- Science Sports Coaching Course (KSS)
- Sport Specific Coaching Course (KSSP)
- Continuing Coaching Education Program / Continuous Coaching Education (CCE)
- Basic Coach Education (BCE)
- Advance Coach Education (ACE)
- Foundation of Applied Coach Education (FACE)
- Sports Library