MR. MOHD IZHAM BIN MOHAMAD
Acting Director of Sports Performance Division
MR. MOHAMAD FAWWAZ BIN JAMAL
High Performance Department
MR. MOHD QUSYAIRY AJMAIN BIN MOHD AMIN
Sports Science Department
MR. RUJI BIN SOMPONG
Department of ISN Zone
Clients Charter, Division of Sports Performance
- To ensure that applications for sports science and sports medical support are responded to and processed within four (4) days from the date of receipt.
- Scientific testing results are discussed within three (3) days of completion.
- Undertake at least 80% of performance plans that explain an athlete’s performance gap according to sport and sport category.
- Providing service through a management system that is of quality, effective and based on guidelines backed by scientific evidence.
- Ensuring that every office, operation room and lab is clean and safe for use by athletes, coaches and sports officers.
Introduction to Sports Performance Division
- This division is the core in ISN’s existence as an important entity in the building of national sport.
- Plans and executes programs based on sports science.
- Improves the performance of national athletes at all levels, specifically from grassroots to elite.
- Preparing sports science programs which are comprehensive, and systematic with evidence based practices and specific research.
- Scientific based programs are able to bring success to the nation, especially at the international level.
- As a driver and coordinator in combining specialization and cooperation in athletes development towards training programs which are more systematic and scientific.
- The division is divided into 3 main departments
- Department of sports science
- Department of high performance
- Department of ISN zone
Department of sports science
This department is responsible in exploring the latest knowledge and practices in all sub disciplines of sports science as well as setting professional standards and providing professional advice in specialization according to sporting needs. Among the sub disciplines of sports science:
- Center of biomechanics and sports performance analysis
- Center of sports nutrition
- Center of sports psychology
- Center of sports physiology
- Center of physical conditioning
- Center of talent development
Functions of sports science department
- Responsible in exploring the latest knowledge and practices in all sub disciplines of sports science
- Setting professional standards and providing professional advice in specialization according to sporting needs
- Supporting the service given to national athletes based on latest knowledge and sports science application.
- Ensuring the direction and professional (competency) development of staff is in line with the current needs of international sports performance.
- Shaping and overseeing sports science services that are based on international standards, high performance culture and latest technology.
- Planning and laying out facilities, equipment, budget and maintenance for the sports science department.
- Planning and conducting applicable science research and scientific writing.
- Building guidelines regarding sports performance as well as community active lifestyle
- Planning and implementing talent development programs at the grassroots to support the development of national athletes.
Department of high performance
This department is responsible for planning, aligning and overseeing the delivery of sports science, medicine and technology to sports under the Kita Juara 2018, Senior 2019 and National Development programs as well as preparing the performance plans for sports in the Asian and Commonwealth Games 2018 and SEA Games 2019. The sports groups are:
- Team Sports
- Combat Sports
- Aquatic Sports
- Skill Sports
- Strength and Endurance Sports
- Racket Sports
- Paralympic Sports
Functions of the high performance department
- Planning, aligning and overseeing the delivery of sports science, medicine and technology to sports under the Kita Juara 2018, Senior 2019 and National Development programs
- Preparing the performance plans for sports in the Asian and Commonwealth Games 2018 and SEA Games 2019.
- Overseeing the application of scientific activity in sports performance plans and performance environment.
- Controlling the approval of funds for service programs through the High Performance Program Committee meeting at ISN level.
- Providing performance solutions through conducting science and technology projects that increase athlete and sport performance.
- Overseeing the conduct of training programs, overseas training camps and competition preparation through the High Performance Team Meeting with stakeholders of the sport.
- Preparing program performance monitoring reports and reports on testing and scientific assessment to stakeholders periodically.
Department of ISN zone
This department is responsible for creating the framework for consultation, diagnostics, testing and training in physical conditioning, sports physiology, sports nutrition, sports psychology and performance analysis for athletes under national programs and state elites at the zonal level. The Department of ISN zone is divided into:
- ISN Northern Zone
- ISN Southern Zone
- ISN Eastern Zone
- ISN Sabah Zone
- ISN Sarawak Zone
Functions of Department of ISN Zone
- Responsible for creating the framework for consultation, diagnostics, testing and training in physical conditioning, sports physiology, sports nutrition, sports psychology and performance analysis for athletes under national programs and state elites at the zonal level
- Ensuring that sports science services given to national athletes and elite state athletes at the zonal level are based on the latest knowledge and applied science.
- Inculcate the skill of scientific writing as well as conducting research in increasing sports science knowledge in ISN zone staff.
- Launch initiatives in ensuring the effectiveness of ISN zone’s direction in sports science and support services.
- Conduct and oversee talent development programs conducted at zone level in supporting athlete development.
- As a point of reference for state sports councils and stakeholders at the zonal level to form their own sports science units.